Start, Move, and/or Finish Your Book
I help writers like you take their writing to the next level.
If you believe you have a book or essay that is burning inside of you and you want to get it out, I can help you shape, write, and edit your work. I can do this with anyone. If you're a novice but you are motivated, I can help you! One former "But-I-am-not-a-writer" client, signed with a major U.S. literary agency and is currently working on the final edits of her non-fiction manuscript.
How I Can Help You
Here are the ways I might be able to help you:
- Shaping of your fiction/non-fiction book idea
- Research Assistance
- Directional Editing
- Preparation of your non-fiction book proposal
- Wisdom about reading for your manuscript, social media for writers, the publishing biz, and more.
Why Hire Me
I can get to the heart of your fiction/non-fiction matter, as well as your fears around facing the blank page, because:
- I do it myself as a journalist and fiction writer. I do gentle guidance but can also be a tougher coach. It all depends on what you need. Our mutual goal will be moving your project forward!
- My training (Columbia Journalism School and MFA workshops) and experience (Conde Nast, Hearst magazines, U.S. newspapers) has given me directional editing and reporting methods to boost the writing process. I'll tailor guidance to your needs!
- My experience of curating a major U.S. literary festival has given me masses of insight into the publishing industry. I can help you understand the business for when you are ready to take your work out into the world.
- I currently cover books as contributing writer for Electric Literature and for publications such as Harper's Bazaar and others. I read tons and know what's hot in the literary world.
How I Work
I work with writers over the phone or Skype in one-hour sessions. Some choose to take packages which come with discounts. Others have a booster session once every few months. I offer a free phone consultation to see if there is a fit. Contact me to set one up.